Wednesday, November 26, 2014

December Goals

It's hard to believe that December is just around the corner.

I already know it will be a busy month: basketball season has started, so Mom's Taxi Service will be back for practices & games. I have two craft shows and four custom orders on deck. I need to do Christmas shopping and figure out how/where to store my inventory until spring craft shows start up again.

With all that being said, I feel like I need to set some goals for December to wrap up the year with a sense of accomplishment. Sometimes I look at my piles of patterns, my work area, and my yarn "treasury" that has spread through three rooms of the house (oops, make that four. I just remembered there's an under-bed storage bin in the master bedroom),  and feel overwhelmed. So many ideas, so little time. So much yarn, so little storage space!

So, here are the goals I am setting for myself for the month of December:

1) Stick to the yarn diet! No shopping for yarn, no matter how good the sale, unless I receive a very specific custom order and need to purchase yarn to complete it. Considering the fact that I have about ten totes full of yarn, that scenario seems highly unlikely!


2) Finish all four of the above-mentioned custom orders. One needs to be completed this week, two by Christmas, and the other is open-ended, but I would like to have it done this month.

3) List all of my "big ticket" items ($20 or higher price) in my Storenvy shop. 
     At this point, there are only 15 items that fit that description, and three of them are already listed.

4) Finish two more "big ticket" items. I already have one about 25% done and another at 95% done (just need to sew on buttons).

5) Finish one of the stalled WIPs in my craft corner (WIP = work in progress). Will it be the Star Scarf started back in July or the Reversible Boot Cuffs started in October? Or that pink and brown swatch in the bottom of the basket that's been there so long I forgot what I was going to do with it?

6) Fill a gallon Ziploc bag with scrap yarn, and finish it all off with projects like Kooky Owls and Striped Giraffes.
Bag is filled. I think it's a two-gallon size.

First project from the scrap yarn bag...



Okay, that's the plan! I will update occasionally and add some pictures

Progress Report:
1) 31 days / no yarn purchase ...
2) Orders Hat  Hat  Scarf  Cup Cozy
3) Listing items... 3 down, 12 to go
4) 2 Big Ticket Items
5) Stalled WIP
I made myself a spreadsheet to keep myself on track... let's see if it works!

December 3rd update...
Three days in...
Progress Report:
1) 31 days / no yarn purchase ... Still standing firm, despite being inundated with yarn sales, coupon flyers and e-mails about new yarns.

2) Orders Hat  Hat  Scarf  Cup Cozy- Finished the cup cozy, but got orders for three more items.
3) Listing items... 3 down, 12 to go - no progress here.
4) 2 Big Ticket Items - I have one at 95% completion, another at about 75%...
5) Stalled WIP...no progress here.


No comments:

Post a Comment