Wednesday, September 14, 2011

I'm in Texas!

I woke up in a small town outside Buffalo...
I had lunch in Atlanta...
I had dinner at a fantastic restaurant in Plano, Texas....
Wow, what a day!
Thank you, Frito-Lay for making this all possible!

Frito-Lay had a contest called "Tastes from Home" to introduce their new line of regional chips. I entered my recipe for Greek Lamb Burgers, and ended up being one of three finalists. At the end of August, it went to a vote, and I won. (I never really thought about how many people I shared my cooking and my recipes with!)

So, this morning my journey began. My husband dropped me off at the airport on his way to work, and I got a flight to Atlanta, then on to Dallas, and eventually I ended up at this really cool & trendy loft-style hotel in Plano, the NYLO.
Trying out an egg chair


Tonight we had an awesome dinner at Jasper's restaurant. I tried a few new appetizers (like calamari & sofritos), and had a tasty salad with grilled chicken, blue cheese and pecans for my entree. Delicious!

Tomorrow I get to help the Executive Research Chef prepare my recipe, and take a look around the Frito-Lay test kitchen. There will be a live streaming video at 5 PM Central tomorrow - you can find a link on the Frito-Lay facebook page or you can follow on Twitter using #FritoFlavors

I have a big day ahead of me tomorrow, so I'd better call it a night. Thank you to Frito-Lay for sponsoring this trip for me!


No comments:

Post a Comment